31 May 2010

Hello gorgeous

Duff's parents dropped a bombshell. "Guys, we know you have a baby coming and all of that but don't give up on your dreams. We don't want you working shit jobs to pay rent and buy nappies. Go abroad next year."
So we thought about it.
...
and pretty much, two tears in a bucket, let's go to Japan. Kyoto or Shigaraki, something like that, working on contacts.

Still a LOT to sort out but, I suppose transience is the way of the artist.
 I love love love Duff's ceramics and he will learn so much from Japanese potters. I started writing this short story and my teach. told me to keep going with it - I do think I have a novel in me. Perhaps this is a Paullina Simons thing, babies and pregnancy bring out words and books. I love my baby already.

5 comments:

tsheko said...

So happy for you both. An opportunity not to be missed. Are you excited?

Varia Karipoff said...

A few months ago, when I moved back in with my parents (boxing up half my belongings and packing them into a shed) I was excited because I had no idea where we'd go when we were ready to move out again... Did not think it would be half as exotic as Japan. I cannot wait until beba is born and to have more tangible proof that this is all happening for us...

tsheko said...

Very exciting time, must be hard to take in. xt

Varia said...

Strange thoughts pop into my head. What linen to take abroad? Do I get a baby futon mattress now instead of a cot? Will I be able to buy clothes since I am about the size of an average Japanese man? What Japanese vegetables can I purée as beba will be on solids by then? haha

tsheko said...

All reasonable thoughts. Do the Japanese have baby capsules? What are the doctors like?